in

Viusasa On The Verge Of Collapsing Due To Poor Business Strategy

viusasa

viusasa

Royal Media Services (RMS) video on demand service, Viusasa is on its death bed a year after its introduction into the market.

Sources privy to the information say that the Sh20 daily subscription service might not make it past July following unfair terms of agreement between the producers and Viusasa.

It is said that content creators take home a meagre 40 per cent of the revenue generated with the company pockets the rest (60 per cent).

While it is true that some content creators are yet to receive their dues, some have over the past year made between Sh400 and Sh16,000.

The content aggregate company, headed by George Waititu, formerly of Ipsos Synovate is also accused of hiring an inexperienced Head of Department Esther Mukima. She was before joining Viusasa a production assistant and then moved to Zuku where she was relieved of her duties due to non-performance.

Read: Rama Homes Executives Swindling Prospective Home Owners, Harassing Employees

Kahawa Tungu has also learnt that the Assistant Manager Viviene Males quit her job late last year. She claimed that the company lacked a well thought out business model.

The platform has been widely advertised and has seen local artists sign up including Comedian Daniel Ndambuki, Uganda’s Anne Kansiime, NaiBoi among others.

Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to news@kahawatungu.com

Written by Eva Nyambura

Content creator at Kahawatungu.com | Passionate about telling the untold story. Lover of life, music and technology. Simplicity is KEY

Email: news@kahawatungu.com

One Comment

Leave a Reply

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Kenya Power

    The Well-Knit Cartel Fleecing Kenya Power Its Money Through ‘Restricted’ Tenders

    Telcom Strengthens Its Internet Muscle Through New Ksh150 Million Data Centre