11 Kenyan Members of Parliament are stuck in Mogadishu after secretly chartering a plane and flying to the Somalia city without the authorisation of the Kenyan parliament or security services.
According to sources within Kenya’s security services, the MPs were called for a secret meeting with Somalia’s National Intelligence without the knowledge of Kenya’s security services.
The mission of the MPs was unknown but it is believed that they might be behind a plot to capture the Jubaland minister who fled to Kenya.
The MPs known to have travelled to Somalia are;
- Kullow Maalim – (EFP) Banissa-
- Ahmed Kolosh – (ODM) Wajir West
- Ibrahim Abdi – (ODM) Lafey Constituency
- Rashid Kassim – (WDM-K) Wajir East
- Mohamed Hire – (KANU) Lagdera Constituency
- Omar Maalim – (EFP) Mandera East
- Maj. Rtd Bashir Abdulahi – (Jubilee) Mandera North
- Adan Haji – (EFP) Mandera West
- Adan Ali Sheikh – Mandera South
- Mohamed Dahir (Jubilee) – Dadaab
- Ahmed Bashane (DPR)- Tarbaj
Meanwhile, sources have also indicated that there were some weird activities by Kenya’s security services in Wajir this morning. It is said that a delegation of Jubaland President was spotted in the town in the morning. Those in the know are keeping mum as there is no official information on what the President of Jubaland Ahmed Mohamed Islam came to do in Wajir.
Detectives and agents of Kenya’s intelligence services are waiting for the eight MPs as they might be facing treason charges knowing that Kenya’s relationship with Somalia is not so good.
Officers drawn from the serious crime unit and NIS are watching all airlines flying into the country with the hopes of arresting the MPs.
Sources at Wilson and JKIA have revealed that the airports are now being watched and agents will not let the MPs pass without questions.