in ,

DP Ruto Dismisses Reports Linking His Office To Fraudulent Sh39 Billion Firearms Deal As “Smear Campaign”

ruto
DP William Ruto. [Courtesy]

Deputy President William Ruto is infuriated with recent media reports that linked him to a fraudulent Sh39 billion government arms tender deal.

It was reported that the deal allegedly masterminded by former Sports CS Rashid Echesa and three others; Daniel Otieno Omondi, Kennedy Oyoo Mboya and Clifford Okoth, was brokered at the DP’s Annex office.

According to Ruto, the ploy to involve him in the graft case is a smear campaign well choreographed by his political competitors.

Read: Ex-CS Rashid Echesa Arraigned Over Sh39 Billion Fake Gov’t Firearms Deal

“The desperation of my political competitors on their choreographed smear campaign against WsR is evident even for fools (whom we have a shortage for)to see. Just wait and see where this will end up. Washindwe! Go for the fraudsters. Leave me to serve the nation,” Ruto wrote on Twitter.

Further, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has been castigated for apparently waging a political war against the DP.

Read Also: M-Pesa Subscribers To Receive Money From Over 20 Countries In New Partnership

On Thursday, DCI boss George Kinoti was quoted by the media as having said that those involved in the case held meeting at the DP’s office.

But in court papers presented before a Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) magistrate court, there was no mention of Ruto or his office.

In affidavits sworn by investigating officer John Munjama, Echesa and others who were not in court were accused of drafting fake documents and purporting that they were from the Ministry of Defence and Kenya Defence Forces (KDF).

Read Also: Former Sports CS Rashid Echesa Arrested In Connection With Matungu Killings

These documents, the officer said were found in two cars belonging to the suspects.

Earlier, it had been said that a search at the DP’s office led to the recovery of documents meant to defraud foreigners of Sh39 billion.

Reports by the Standard indicate that police intend to question top Ruto aides and staff at his Annex office.

Read Also: Dennis Itumbi: How I Turned Down An Easy Sh30 Million Deal

They will include; security officials, secretaries and aides.

The former minister was on Friday charged with forgery and will be spending the weekend in custody.

He will however be released on a Sh1 million cash bail after police conclude investigations.

Email your news TIPS to news@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254708677607. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

Written by Eva Nyambura

Content creator at Kahawatungu.com | Passionate about telling the untold story. Lover of life, music and technology. Simplicity is KEY

Email: news@kahawatungu.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Longhorn Publishers withdraw book

Longhorn Publishers Withdraw From Market Book Giving Pupils Option To Commit Suicide

Governor Sonko’s Daughter Saumu Mbuvi Expecting Second Child