It has been a rough year for “Nai Nai” hitmaker Ommy Dimpoz after he was wrongfully diagnosed with throat cancer earlier this year.
Speaking to Mambo Mseto’s Millard Ayo, Ommy revealed that he had from the onset had difficulties swallowing foods but thought he was coming down with malaria or some sort of flu.
It was during Ali Kiba’s wedding when he developed complications. Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho who was in attendance referred him to a doctor within the coastal county.
After a series of tests the doctors found that he could have ingested a poisonous substance.
A shocked Ommy was however asked to seek a second opinion in India or South Africa. He chose the latter.
He was admitted at Net Care Hospital in Millpark where doctors ruled out cancer but the poison intake query popped up again.
He underwent surgery in June and was in the Intensive Care Unit for three weeks but is now in South Africa for a check-up.
His team has denied reports in the media that the singer has been in the ICU.
“He went for the check up as was advised by the doctors every three months. Dimpoz is in good health and hasn’t been admitted. After the checkup he went back to his residence,” Mosha was quoted as saying.
He has thanked his fans for their continued support and prayers as he recuperates in an apartment in South Africa.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to firstname.lastname@example.org