Parents of students attending Nyabururu girls have complained that their children had been taken to hospital to treat food poisoning without their knowledge.
One student revealed that the matron had warned them against calling their parents and informing them of the situation at the school.
We are given bad food which is prepared from a dirty kitchen and that is why we have developed stomach pains and diarrhea,”she said.
Parents who found out about the food poisoning however said that they denied access to their children who had been taken to the health facility for treatment.
A officer at Nyangena hospital confirmed that 20students had been treated at the facility from the school.
This comes a few days after activist Boniface rMwangi narrated how his friend’s daughter died under unclear circumstances while at school.
The school administration gave scanty information about the incident.