in

Muntari: Will Walk Off Again If Discriminated Against

sulley muntari
[Courtesy]

Sulley Muntari, Pescara’s Ghanaian midfielder, has promised to walk off the pitch again if he has to endure any more intolerance during a match. Muntari was sent off last week for leaving the field after claiming he was racially abused during a Serie A game against Cagliari.

The 32-year-old, who was initially booked for dissent, had his suspension overturned, but the former Inter Milan star believes discrimination is “everywhere and getting worse” and he is determined to take a stand.

“I went through hell and was treated like a criminal,” he told BBC Sport on Monday. “I went off the field because it wasn’t right for me to be on the field while being racially abused.

“If I had this problem today, tomorrow or the next game I would go off again.”

Muntari called on FIFA president Gianni Infantino to do more to clampdown on the evil of discrimination in football. “I think he is capable of doing something in a good way to fight racism. I want him to fight racism,” he said.”I never heard anything like that in England because I think they don’t tolerate it. England is the example for the world. If a country doesn’t tolerate it then it means you get rid of it.”

Written by Eva Nyambura

Content creator at Kahawatungu.com | Passionate about telling the untold story. Lover of life, music and technology. Simplicity is KEY

Email: news@kahawatungu.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

KCB Is The Best Bank In Mobile Banking

Nakumatt Closes Poorly Performing Branches As Part Of Restructuring