Two mechanics have on Tuesday afternoon succumbed to injuries after a tyre burst in their garage in Mlolongo, Machakos County.
Speaking on the incident, Mlolongo location chief Peter Ndunda confirmed the incident that claimed the lives of the duo, who are stated to be of middle-age.
He noted that the men were wielding the tyre using electricity when it exploded.
It is claimed that the explosion of the tyre was caused by the air which was still in it at the time of wielding.
The incident has left most people in the surrounding in shock as one of the men is said to have had his head blown out.
The bodies of the deceased have since been transferred to Shalom Mortuary.
The chief urged all mechanics to wear protective clothing as well as take pre-cautionary measures when they get to work.