in

Mbagathi Hospital Maternity Wing Catches Fire, Leaves Patients Stranded

Mbagathi Hospital
/courtesy
Mbagathi Hospital
/courtesy

Mothers and their newborns were left stranded at the Mbagathi hospital after a building that was declare unfit by county engineers caught fire.

Immediately the fire broke out the power was switched off causing the mothers who had children in incubators to be panic stricken. The mothers and their newborns were forced to stay in the rain as the hospital staff struggled to put out the fire. The facility also did not have fire extinguishers

Read:Fire Breaks Out At The Amref Offices At Wilson Airport (Photos)

One of the nurses in the hospital said that they had complained of the huge cracks on the walls which they feared would one day collapse on the new borns.

The staff were also forced to rush to Hurlingham to borrow lanterns from the National Spinal injury center

“We were forced to borrow lanterns and paraffin from the National Spinal Injury Hospital in Hurlingham.” a staff at the hospital revealed

 

Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to news@kahawatungu.com

Written by Merxcine Cush

One Comment

Leave a Reply

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    instagram, instagram mute

    Instagram Users Elated Following The Introduction Of MUTE Feature

    arsenal, visit rwanda

    Arsenal Enters Into Three Year Sleeve Sponsorship Deal With Visit Rwanda