As Kenyans celebrate Mashujaa Day, President Uhuru Kenyatta is set to honour 220 heroes from different parts of the country.
The list includes sportspeople, entertainers, newsmakers among others. They include:
- Footballer Dennis Oliech.
- Rugby Champion Humprey Kayange
- Tokyo Olympics Marathon runner Lawrence Cherono
- Former Footballer Bob Oyugi
- 2016 Marathon winner Peres Jepchirchir
- National Prisons Wrestling Coach Linus Wachoka Masheti
- Deaf Handball Player Dickson Manyange
- Former weightlifter Abudu Juma Waziri
- Kenya’s topmost dumb and deaf golfer Isaac Makokha
- Sports Sign Language interpreter Winnie Adoyo
- Sprinter Ferdinand Omanyala
- Baringo County Doctor Nelly Yetich who spearheaded Covid-19 prevention
- Wanja Mwaura, nurse known for her acts of kindness
- Mental Health Activist Amina Abdallah who played key roles in rescuing mentally challenged people from the streets of Mombasa.
- Virginia Aoko, a 13-year-old girl from Busia who braved the dark to take her pregnant mother to hospital via boat.
More follows as the list is being updated.