in ,

Governor Lenolkulal Accuses Ministry Of Health Of Misreporting COVID-19 Case In Samburu

mutahi kagwe, coronavirus kenya
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe. [PHOTO/ COURTESY]

The Samburu County government has dismissed reports by the Ministry of Health that a resident in the area tested positive for Covid-19.

Clarifying the ministry of health’s Saturday report, Governor Moses Lenolkulal said there is no need for panic among residents as a single case confirmed did not originate from Samburu but from Forole in Marsabit County.

“The case is not actually from Samburu, it is not among the samples that we sent to Nairobi, from reliable sources the contact has been traced to Forole in Marsabit and there is no cause for alarm’” he said while speaking at Samburu County Referral Hospital in Maralal town.

Commenting on the county preparedness to manage the pandemic, Lenolkulal said his government has procured five ICU beds fully equipped with ventilators and two hundred and fifty isolation beds.

Read: Ndambiri Blames Kirinyaga’s Covid-19 Unpreparedness On Waiguru-MCAs Stalemate

“Our isolation centers are up and running we just need to strengthen a few logistical issues,” he said.

The governor noted that three ambulances have also been earmarked and dedicated to handle COVID-19 cases across the county.

“They will be stationed in Samburu North and Samburu East for purposes of referral in the event we get a COVID-19 cases to our ICU center which is here at our headquarters in Maralal,” he added.

So far, the county has sent at least 300 samples to laboratories in Nairobi for COVID-19 testing.

Read Also: 16 Year Old COVID-19 Patient Dies As Total Jumps To 21,363

“We have not been doing very in terms of testing samples and among our gaps identified we were pushing to have a testing center here in Samburu, at some time we may need testing centers to be fully based at the counties because it takes time to get results after sending samples to Nairobi for testing,” the governor said.

Kenya’s Covid-19 cases jumped to 21,363 on Saturday after 727 more people tested positive.

Health CS Mutahi Kagwe also announced 23 Covid-19 deaths, the highest number of fatalities in a single day since the pandemic struck back in March.

Email your news TIPS to news@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254708677607. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

Written by Wycliffe Nyamasege

Email news@kahawatungu.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Olunga’s Manacing Form Continues In Japan With Another Goal

Chiloba Under Fire For “Threatening” Akombe Over Msando Murder Claims