Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) staff on Tuesday morning defended the referral hospital against sexual assault allegations that came to light last week on Friday.
The employees are currently holding demonstrations outside the hospital where they are trading accusations with health activists over the authenticity of the sexual assault allegations.
The allegations were raised on Friday against the hospital’s morgue attendants on social media. The whistle-blowers accused the attendants of sexually assaulting new mothers when going to breastfeed their children.
The attendants, one victim said, force the women to stare down at a corpse, mutilated ones especially before sexually exploiting them.
The CEO, Lily Koros denied the allegations saying that the hospital management was yet to receive complaints. The hospital, she added, has a 24 hour CCTV coverage on the corridors and the morticians are uniformed and well trained.
The DCI has however dispatched a team of officers who will probe the matter over the next week, get to the bottom of the matter and submit their reports.
Police are on site.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to email@example.com