Self declared NRM general Miguna Miguna while speaking to CItizen TV for the first time after his second deportation refused to comment on his willingness to work with Nairobi governor Mike Sonko after he was nominated as the deputy governor.
The disgruntled lawyer maintained that he did not give up his citizenship and therefore he would not reapply for it. He said that reapplying would deny him the privileges given to Kenyan citizens to work and own property as he said that the government intended to treat him as a foreigner.
Speaking to journalist Jeff Koinange during his weekly show JKL, he said that he did not appreciate the media and specifically the journalist making a mockery of his situation saying that violation of his rights was not a joke.
When asked about the existence of the NRM after the handshake he said that he was still the leader and that it consisted of ordinary Kenyans whom he refused to name. He said that if the movement was not strong the government would not spend that much energy on him.
He maintained that he would wait for the government to facilitate his travel back to the country as ordered by the High court but said that he was not in a hurry. The lawyer said that he had already done his part by going to court through his lawyers and got court orders.
Miguna said that his statement on the nomination as deputy governor would be read out during the protest that were scheduled to be held today by civil society organizations.
Here is the interview courtesy of Citizen TV Jeff Koinange Live (JKL) show
— Citizen TV Kenya (@citizentvkenya) May 30, 2018
The lawyer had through his social media termed the nomination as a sideshow and said they were mere distractions to real issues.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to firstname.lastname@example.org