The retailer chain had earlier accused the owners of the mall of acting in bad faith and using unethical tactics to close the outlet over the weekend.
“We met with the directors and managers of the Junction Mall led by director Andrew Ndegwa and the MD of Knight Frank Ben Woodhams on 25 September 2017 to demonstrate to them the restocking plan that we had initiated and that was building up to achieve full stocking by 1 December 2017. The directors and managers wished us well in this endeavor,” the retailer said.
The Supermarket presented their argument before Justice Joseph Onguto saying they had upheld all the terms and conditions of their agreement with the owners of the mall.
“The Junction Mall’s underhand actions on Saturday night, including locking the branch and publicizing a fraudulent and misleading notice claiming that the premises have been surrendered by Nakumatt, are clearly contrary to the terms of the Agreement, illegal and of utmost bad faith,” Nakumatt MD Atul Shah pleaded in his affidavit filed in court.
Nakumatt added that the move has a had a direct effect on its employees and customers while the company is making efforts to improve its business considering their current economic situation.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to email@example.com