Three people connected to the Dusit D2 attack have been freed by a Nyeri court after the police withdrew case for lack of evidence.
The three; Abdul Kibiringi, James Mwai Mwangi and Habiba Gedi Hunshur were arrested last week on Friday and appeared in court on Monday.
Resident magistrate Nelly Kariuki allowed the police to hold the suspects for five days to complete investigations.
The investigating officer Cyprian Gitonga on Friday told the court that they did not find evidence linking the trio to the attack that left 21 people dead.
They will however be closely monitored by the police as one is placed on rehabilitation under Anti Terror Police Unit (ATPU) as he has been radicalized.
Nyeri police had in custody 14 persons believed to have been in contact with the terrorists. Of the 14, seven have already been charged in court with two others held at the Ruring’u Juvenile home as they are underage.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to email@example.com Also WhatsApp 0708677607 with your news tips