Google Maps has listed over 40,000 schools, over 7,000 hospitals and dispensaries, all major banks and hotels, more than 2000 points of interest and businesses in Kenya. Establishments such as bars, restaurants, M-Pesa, KCB mtaani and Equity Bank agents have also been mapped.
Through Google Maps Navigation (Beta), you do not need to look at your phone screen to follow the route as you can simply listen for indications via voice guided turn by turn navigation. No need to know the address. Misspelled queries are corrected, and ambiguous queries return multiple results so the user can choose the right one. Like the rest of Google Maps, Navigation (Beta) is free, except for the carrier data plan charges which still apply.
You can view Google Maps Navigation (Beta) by visitingby viewing a web page with an by viewing Google Maps Navigation (Beta) on an or device or lastly, by viewing a private map created by
Step by Step on how to use Google Maps Navigation (Beta):
- Get directions – Need to get somewhere? Click for driving, walking, biking, or public transportation .
- My Places – Create your own personalized , view your starred locations, and see which businesses you’ve reviewed.
- Search Maps – on Google Maps.
- Here are two ways to search for businesses:
- Type the business name in the search bar then click the Search button (or press Enter).
- Enter the type of business you are looking for then click the Search button (or press Enter).
- Search results appear in the left panel of the page and as icons on the map itself.
- Show/Hide – Click the left arrow (<<) to hide the left panel, and the right arrow (>>) to show the left panel.
- Navigate the map – Click and drag the map to pan or use the arrows. Drag the zoom slider up or down to zoom in or out incrementally.
- Layers – Hover over the widget in the right hand corner of the map to view available layers for your location, such as traffic, photos, and more. Learn more about all of the .
- Print/Send – Print out a map or to other people.
- Link to this page – Create a that can be easily shared with others.
- Search results – You’ll find your in the left hand panel. Click any result to view more information.
- Map – The Map area will show a geographical location with corresponding and other information from that location.
- Street View – Drag the yellow pegman on the map’s zoom controls to a location on the map to view and navigate street-level imagery.
- Info window – When you click a red info window will appear that that displays additional information about a particular place.
- Views – Toggle between Map, Satellite, and Earth views.
- Overview Map – See the location of your current map view (in the purple box) in the context of a larger geographical area. At any time, click to hide the overview map or click to display it again.
Places: Cities, towns, states, provinces, states and continents
To search for cities, towns, airports, states, provinces, states or continents, enter the place name and click the Search button (or press Enter). Search results appear in the left panel of the page and as icons on the map itself.
If you know the exact latitude and longitude coordinates of a location, type them into the search bar and click the Search button (or press Enter). Search results appear in the left panel of the page and as icons on the map itself.