in

Cook Pleads Guilty To Sodomising Boy At A Machakos Children’s Home

cook arrested sodomising boys
A signboard to Martyrs of Uganda Children's Home in Machakos where the incidents of sodomy reportedly took place. / Courtesy

A man accused of sexually abusing nine boys at Martyrs of Uganda School in Machakos has been charged.

David Mutuku Katuku, a cook, was arraigned before Machakos Resident Magistrate E. Analo where he was charged with sodomising nine boys.

He pleaded guilty to one of the counts and denied the other eight.

The Magistrate directed that the accused remain in custody until a pre-bail report is prepared to determine whether the accused will be granted bond.

The prosecution opposed the release of the suspect saying the accused had gone into hiding in the past after learning that police were searching, adding that he can’t be trusted.

Further, the court was told that it would be hard to trace the accused who has no known permanent place of residence.

Mutuku was arrested on Monday after being on the run for days.

“We have received reports that the perpetrator accused of sexual abuse against pupils at Martyrs of Uganda School in Machakos has been arrested by police,” KNHCR said in a tweet.

Hours later, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) confirmed the arrest.

The arrest came days after Activist Boniface Mwangi highlighted the plight of the young boys, suffering under the people who were supposed to be their caretakers.

It is reported that in February, a boy in the home, reported to the management that he had been sodomised by the school’s cook, one Katuku Mutuku.

He would later be rushed to hospital where the doctors confirmed that indeed the boy was sexually abused.

When he was queried the boy divulged that some of the orphans in the school had confessed to each other about being sodomised.

The police were then notified of the unfortunate incident going on in the Catholic run home, only for them to carry out an investigation concerning the one boy who had reported the case.

It is claimed that the officer did not intensify their investigations and therefore not much was achieved at the time.

Read:Catholic Run Children’s Home Faulted for Covering up Child-Abuse for Over a Decade

Having not been satisfied with the investigations, the boy’s mother reached out to KNHCR who then visited the children’s department in Machokos, who took up the issue.

Upon carrying out interviews with a number of students, it was discovered that eight other boys had been sexually abused by the said cook.

It was then that the county government ordered the closure of that home, which also had a primary school section.

Mwangi noted that the Catholic Church did not for any reason object the closure of the school alleging that it was a way of them “covering up the true depth of the rot that has lasted a decade.

KHRC filed the case under OB 41 of 15/02/2019 at the Machakos Police Station.

Following the closure, police launched a manhunt for the cook, who was said to be on the run.

Email your news TIPS to news@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254708677607. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

Wycliffe

Written by Wycliffe

One Comment

Leave a Reply

One Ping

  1. Pingback:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Loading…

Isuzu, Co-op Bank Ink Deal To Allow Daily Payment Of Vehicle Mortgages

gor mahia

CAF Confirms Four Gor Mahia Players To Miss RS Berkane Clash