Nyabururu girls High school is said to have buried rotten cabbages after a bout of food poisoning that was reported in the school.
Distraught parents stormed the school on Sunday after learning that 12 students had been admitted at Nyangena Hospital in Kisii county.
The parents demanded to know why that had been kept aloof about the food poisoning and accused the Board of governors of trying to cover up the incident by dumping the rotten cabbages in the school farm.
The principal denied claims that they had discarded the cabbages believed to have caused the food poisoning and urged the media to be sensitive with the information.
She said that if there was an issue the relevant authorities would deal with it.
The students said that they were warned about telling their parents about their health. They said that they were suffering and felt like they were in prison.
“We have been suffering here for a long time now, the number of students who are sick is more than 200 but the management doesn’t want to disclose the information. It’s like we are in prison, the management is not ready to listen to our grievances,” revealed one of the student.