Embattled Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission(IEBC) Ezra Chiloba has spoken out after he was sacked from the electoral commission.
According to Chiloba, he tried everything within his powers to gain the trust of the Chairman Wafula Chebukati but failed to satisfy him.
- When commissioners go out of their way to establish cost of goods and services even before bids are floated, how were we to deal with such?”
- When the Commission cancels a tender without due process, how were we to deal with such?
- When the Secretariat is told to procure items from a certain company without benefit of technical review by management, how were we to deal with such?
- When a chairman or a commissioner seeks to influence the award of tenders to particular companies without full disclosure, how are we to deal with such?
- When the chairman recruits consultants without due process, how were to deal with such?
He disclosed that some of the audit queries that he was expected to respond to were as a result of the procurement decisions that were made by the commissioners.
The former CEO accused the commissioners of having prioritized procurement when they came into office in January 2017.
The Chairman announced the CEO’s sacking stating that he failed to appear to appear before the disciplinary committee to respond to audit questions.
Chiloba said that he was unavailable as he was at the Oxford University attending to his Masters Degree and had communicated the same to the Disciplinary Committee.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to [email protected]