The President is said to have made the decision to fire all the 15 PS’s who had not been named in his second-term Cabinet in January.
Through the Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua, the Principal secretaries were informed that they had not been reconsidered for re- appointment.
According to the letters sent to the secretaries, their employment contract ends on 30 June, the last day in which they will receive a salary.
“In this regard, your employment contract has been terminated forthwith. Consequently, you will be paid salary up-to 30 June which will be your last working day,” reads the letter.
Here is the full list of the sacked officials:
- Arts, Culture – Joe Okudo
2. Broadcasting & Telecommunications – Sammy Itemere
3. Cooperatives Ali – Noor Ismail
4. Gender Services- Mwanamaka Mabruki
5. Housing & Urban Development – Aidah Munano
6. ICT & Innovation – Victor Kyalo
7. Infrastructure – John Musonik
8. Transport- Patrick Nduati Mwangi
9. Labour – Khadija Kassachoom
10. Mining – Dr Mohammed Ibrahim Mahmud
11. National Water Services – Fred Sigor
12. Correctional Services- Richard Ekai
13. Tourism – Fatuma Hersi
14. Planning – Wilson Nyakera Irungu
15. Vocational & Technical Training – Dr Dinah Jerotich Mwinzi
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to firstname.lastname@example.org