NYS suspects implicated in the loss of Sh.468 million have been denied bail and will remain in custody till the end of trial.
The suspects among them; NYS boss Richard Ndubai and PS Youth Affairs Lilian Omollo have been in remand for a week now following their arrest on Monday morning.
Three other suspects were ejected from the court room after the chief magistrate Douglas Ogoti said that he had no jurisdiction to handle them.
Anthony Wamiti and Peter Kimani who were listed as directors for Arkroad Holdings Limited are said to have received Sh.24 million shillings from the NYS yet they had not supplied anything.
He said that the three ought to have presented themselves to the police and not at the courts. They had failed to appear in court Monday as ordered and a warrant of arrest was issued against them.
Earlier on in the day, Chief Justice David Maraga said that all corruption cases will be prioritized. He asked the DPP and the police to present water-tight cases.
“All we asking is that police and the DPP do their bits. I have given instructions for all these cases to be given priority,” Maraga said.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to email@example.com