Seems like the cat is out of the bag. The NASA principals’ power-sharing deal is out courtesy of sources within the coalition.
The deal is between Jimi Richard Wanjigi (financier) and Raila, Kalonzo, Mudavadi, Wetangula and Isaac Ruto. It indicates that Jimi Wanjigi is funding NASA with Ksh 10billion in campaign contributions spread out through the months.
On clinching power in August, the coalition would ensure that the business gets a deal from the following businesses;
- The Nairobi Mass Transit System (Worth Ksh. 200 Billion)
- The 1000 Mw gas plant in Lunga lunga, Kwale (Worth Ksh. 500 Billion)
- The Lake Victoria Ring road (Worth Ksh. 20 Billion)
- The 1034 Kilometer Garissa–Moyale road(Worth Ksh150 Billion)
- The 500,000 housing units (Worth Ksh. 400 Billion)
- Printing of the New Generation Currency (Worth Ksh. 500 Billion)
- Security Installations in the Kenya Police, the Military and NYS (Worth Ksh. 500
While we have failed to get a word from the NASA principals’ offices, the deal MOU looks authentic as it is signed before a lawyer, Celestine Anyango Opiyo based at Uniafric House and who was admitted into the roll of advocates in 2011.
Download the NASA power-sharing deal from this linkor view below;
Each of the signatories had their party secretary general as the witness to the agreement. Jimi’s signature was witnessed by economist David Ndii.
The deal indicates that should the NASA leaders clinch power and fail to respect the agreement, they will each pay Jimi Wanjigi Ksh 10billion (amounting to Ksh 50billion) together with accrued interests.
The signatory of the campaign finances accounts are anti-graft crusader John Githongo, Mama Ida Odinga, Hon Raila Odinga and Economist David Ndii.
What do you think? Please send us your thoughts, tips and ideas to [email protected]