MCA aspirant, James Ratemo whose kids were murdered. / COURTESY

James Ratemo whose three children went missing and later found dead three weeks ago has been cleared by the IEBC to vie in Kapsoya ward on a Kanu ticket.

Charles Nyamweya, the family’s lawyer says Ratemo decided to go ahead and vie for the seat in honor of his children.

He presented his papers to the IEBC last week and was cleared.

“He is in the race and will be contesting for the Kapsoya MCA seat as he had planned before the killing of the children,” Nyamweya said.

He also confirmed that the three children will be buried on Friday in Kisii.

CID officers from the special crimes unit have intensified a search for the third suspect in the murder of the childrenĀ  and are focusing the search mainly in Eldoret, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega and Bungoma counties.

Enock Onsase, the children’s uncle, and onother suspect are in police custody and will face murder charges on Tuesday.

A memorial service will be held on Wednesday at Eldovil SDA church.