Liquid Telecom has announced the launch of a new retail brand called Hai. The retail arm is touted as the new Liquid managed ISP brand for Africa’s retail market.
According to information sent to media houses, the Hai brand will be able to design and offer Internet access solutions to households and SMEs, including its flagship 100Mbps FTTH Fibroniks Service.
Hai was derived from Kiswahili’s “I am alive” and was first launched in Zambia last week. The brand is soon to launch in Kenya and Rwanda.
Hai offer a number of ISP services including:
- Fibroniks, Liquid Telecom’s FTTH Service that provides 100Mbps download speed with uncapped packages, the fastest broadband service ever available in Africa. In remote regions where fibre is not yet available, a LTE fixed wireless connection or even a satellite connection (e.g. VSAT) can be deployed.
- Crashplan for Africa, a business continuity and data protection service that continuously and seamlessly backs up customer data enabling quick and easy restoration in case of loss or theft.
- A WiFi hotspot service for public places (markets, universities, airports etc.) as well as for companies to install within their premises for customers to enjoy.
- A video-on-demand service that brings Hollywood movies, top-rated TV series, kids programmes and more to homes in Africa.
- An interactive education service, following the national curriculum in local language, which will provide children in Africa with the tools to learn and excel.
Previously marketed as a carrier of carriers, Liquid Telecom is metamorphosing into a leading independent data, voice and IP provider in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa’s largest mobile network operators, ISPs, financial institutions and businesses.