It seems we are in for another 5 years f extreme ethnic chauvinism by the President. Now Uhuru has unveiled his cabinet and 3/4 of them are from Kikuyu and Kalenjin tribes with Kikuyus dominating most of the positions. Many of the selfish individuals in the media, government and politics who engage in ass-licking so as to be rewarded by Uhuru have said that the individuals are competent and deserve the appointments.
The truth is not only Kikuyus, Kalenjins, Somalis and Luos deserve appointments. We have other Kenyans who have never had someone from their tribe be a cabinet minister. Healing of this nation will be through fairness and fairness being seen to be done. You cannot call ethnic chauvinism “merit” and expect us to keep quiet.
There is nothing like merit here. If Uhuru cannot trust other ethnic groups with instruments of governance, he should tell us. The people who cannot be trusted with power will then look to unite with like minded ethnic groups to form secede and form their own republic. Uhuru should know better. Don’t start tribalising this country.
Here is a list of the full Cabinet:
- Fred Matiang’i (Information, Communication and Technology (ICT), – KISII
- Henry K. Rotich (The National Treasury) – KALENJIN
- James Wainaina Macharia (Health) – KIKUYU
- Amb Amina Mohamed (Foreign Affairs) – SOMALI
- Adan Mohammed (Industrialisation) SOMALI
- Ann Waiguru (Devolution and Planning) KIKUYU
- Davis Chirchir (Energy and Petroleum) KALENJIN
- Amb. Raychelle Omamo (Defence) LUO
- Eng. Michael Kamau (Transport and Infrastructure) KIKUYU
- Phyllis Chepkosgey (East African affairs, Commerce and Tourism) KALENJIN
- Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi (Education) KIKUYU
- Felix Kosgey (Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries) KALENJIN
- Prof. Judy Wakhungu (Environment Water and Natural Resources) LUHYA
- Dr. Hassan Wario (Sports, Culture and Arts) SOMALI
- Najib Balala (Mining) SWAHILI ARAB
- Charity Ngilu (Lands, Housing and Urban Development) KAMBA
- Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Services (Vacant)
- Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government (Vacant)
There is no reason why a single ethnic group should have more than 2 individuals in the cabinet. NO REASON.