Adobe CS6 is a toolkit for web & graphic design and video professionals . It features new releases of 14 Adobe applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
The new subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is meant to provide adobe clients with the ability to download and install every Adobe CS6 application as well as integrate Adobe Touch Apps into everyday work.
The Adobe Creative Cloud also introduces cloud-based sync and store capabilities, and powers the publishing of apps and high-impact Web experiences.
David Wadhwani, senior vice president of the Digital Media Business at Adobe said:
“Creatives get a ton of innovation across CS6, with milestone releases of all our flagship products. With CS6 and Creative Cloud, we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, Web and video pros have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps.”
In a blog post about the new Creative Suite, Wadhwani said mentioned the “killer capabilities” as:
- Application Performance. The Mercury performance work we started a couple years ago has now made its way to our imaging, video and illustration tools.
- Enhanced User Interface. Our tools are increasingly enabling direct, on-canvas editing of your content.
- Efficient development for Multiple Devices. Our tools are taking a practical approach to creating responsive content, so your web sites or apps look great regardless of the device or orientation they’re viewed in.
- Adobe’s unique secret sauce. The stuff that make things previously impossible suddenly possible.
Adobe further indicated that the general performance together with the workflow enhancements in the new Creative Suite apps will result in reduced turn-around time and savings for print, Web and mobile projects.
The CS6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud will be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now. The suites will retail as follows
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium for $1,899
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for $1,299
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium for $1,899
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection for $2,599
Previous owners of the CS products will be eligible for discounted upgrade pricing. Customers can purchase CS6 products via Adobe.com and through select retail, resellers and online stores.
More information on product pricing is available at www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite.html
Adobe Creative Cloud membership for individuals is $49.99 per month based on annual membership and $74.99 per month based on month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of $29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.