yu Kenya is really trying to show Kenyans that it is here to stay and not planning to exit the market like we showed. The company has now entered into a partnership deal with Faulu Kenya and Craft Silicon. The partnership will see yuMobile provide a mobile payment facility for its subscribers to settle their utility bills through its mobile money transfer service, yuCash.
The service which is available to yuCash subscribers will require that clients link their account to Elma – the mobile commerce platform from Craft Silicon. Subscribers will be required to download the Elma application by visiting www.elma.bz/elma through their mobile phones, upon which they get to follow simpler steps to access and use the service. Subscribers would then be able to settle their water and electricity bills through their yuCash accounts.
Steps to Getting yuCash Utility Payment System Working on Your Phone
- After application download, register for Elma by providing:-
- First name
- Last Name
- Select Country (Kenya) from the drop down menu
- Enter Mobile Number e.g. 0751 234 567
- PIN (4-6 characters)
STEP 2: FUNDING YOUR ELMA ACCOUNT
Send money from your yuCash a/c to Business Code ‘101010’ ,Enter message as ‘Elma’ , Enter yuCash MPIN and Send.
(please wait for 30 minutes for your yuCash-Elma a/c to be linked)
STEP 3: To pay bill using yuCash:
- Go to the Elma application on your handset
- Log in with their Elma PIN
- Select pay utilities option
- Select service from the menu:, E.g. Kenya Power Bill Payment:
- Select KPLC
- Enter Account Number
- Enter Amount
- On the payment Option, Select yuCash
- Enter your Elma PIN Select PAY.
NOTE: Utility Bill Account to be fully updated after 24hours.