They always fight on the opposing sides in many instances. But they are also sane enough to put their competitive aspects into good use. Airtel Kenya has announced that it is joining the Safaricom and KCB led Kenyans4Kenya initiative. KCB, Safaricom, Gina Din PR and Media Owners of Kenya umbrella launched the Kenyans 4 Kenya initiative to help save the 3.5 Million Kenyans who are facing hunger and starvation.
Kenyans on the social media have been key in the campaign with more than Ksh 15 Million raised within the last 24 hours. The initiative aims to raise Ksh 500 Million with the main drivers of the initiative being the Kenyans online. Already the means of donations have become very popular Facebook and Twitter updates with subscribers on the social network sites calling on their friends to join in helping.
Kenyans in the Diaspora have not been left behind and they can donate through a Swift Transfer to KCB by following the instructions below;
- Kenyan’s in the diaspora use KCB
- swift: KCBLKENX
- Acc #: 1133333338
- Branch: Moi Ave
- clearcode: 01100 Acc: KenyansforKen
- Select the send money option
- Then enter the word redcross as nickname
- Enter the amount
- Then PIN
- On M-Pesa Paybill to ‘10,000’ Acc ‘feedke’
- On Airtel nickname ‘REDCROSS’ reference ‘feedke’
- Online: kenyaredcross.org
- Donations can be sent to the M-PESA PayBill number 111111 at no charge as this has been waived. Use 111111 also as the account number.
- Donations can also be sent to account number 11 33 33 33 38 at KCB. Kenya Red Cross Society cash tins will also be available in 169 KCB branches countrywide for receiving donations.