You might be interested in this if you have great passion for web development and design. Its the new competition by Ericsson and it expects to see developers develop widgets which can solve real problems. The Prize money is a cool 15,000 Euros (Ksh 1.8 Million).
The award judges will comprise of the following;
- Mark Jefford-Baker, Innovation Director, Ericsson.
- Johan Maresch, Innovation Director, Ericsson.
- Magnus Rahm, Vice President of Multimedia & SI Solutions at Ericsson’s office in Iberia during the last years and recently appointed head of Competence Center Applications in India.
- Stephan Joest, Senior Consultant at Ericsson Germany and manager of the O2 App Store project.
- Rolf Assev, Chief Strategy Officer, Opera.
- Håkon Wium Lie, Chief Technology Officer, Opera.
- Christen Krogh, Chief Development Officer, Opera.
You need to follow the following steps to enter;
- Define your idea for a widget. Characteristics of widgets on mobile phones.
- Develop the widget. Read Opera Mobile Widgets development process on how to get started.
- Test your Widget on Opera Widgets Mobile Emulator.
- Sign up for the competition by registrating and submitting applications using this link.
Deadline is March 1
More info can be found here.