Kenya ICT Board today announced the first batch of winners of the public sector grant. This competition was open to all content creators including but not limited to software developers, film, animation, advertising, publishing, gaming and education professionals’ . The competition closed on July 19th, 2010 with 667 applications submitted.
The grant is to promote local innovations in the content, applications and web categories.
The Tandaa Local Digital Content Grant worth Ksh 300M which is around USD 4M, is the largest content grant in Africa and will be disbursed over three years. In the first round, the board will disburse Ksh 60M or USD 800,000. Today, the Kenya ICT Board announced winners of one category within this first round. – ( FIRMS – under category – Government Information Portal)
Review of proposal in the three other categories is still on going. We regret the delay and we ask for patience from all who submitted proposals in the categories: Government Information Portal (Individuals), Private sector (Firms) and Private sector (Individuals). We are ploughing through each proposal and we will announce the remaining three categories on September 28.
1. Octopus ICT Solutions Ltd for their ‘HIV and AIDS in the workplace e-Learning Course’
2. Infotrack Strategic Solutions Ltd for their ‘Teacher’s Portal’
3. for their ‘Kenya Online Museum’
4. Foundation Support Services (FSS) Ltd for their ‘IVR Tax Filing Solution’
5. BTI Millman Company Ltd for their ‘eMazingira Software Application’
6. for their ‘EDUWEB – An education institution listing and interactive mapping portal’
7. JBA Advertising Co Ltd for their ‘Lost and Found Project’
The winning applications were selected from 167 proposals submitted in the Government Information Portal (Firms) category. An independent consultant ranked all the proposals in the category and the top ranked proposals were reviewed by an independent Grant Committee made up of professionals from academia, private sector and public sector. The Committee interviewed several finalists and the above seven projects were selected to receive the award.
For More information, click