This is mind-boggling. I have been trying to compute the data shown in this report and what I see just amazes me. Safaricom has released the Mpesa and Mkesho transaction report for the last three years. The report paints a picture of growth. I mean GROWTH. Picture this.
Safaricom Cumulative Person-to-Person transfer has grown by a whooping $4 Billion and monthly transfers have grown by $163 Million for the period of July 2009 to July 2010.
- Safaricom M-Pesa users grew by 61% from July 2009 to July 2010. That is from 7,387,980 to 11,895,515.
- Cumulative Person to Person transfer for the period grew by an amazing 150 %. That is from Ksh 210.27 Billion to Ksh 525.84 Billion.
- Safaricom monthly trasfers grew from Ksh 20.22 Billion to Ksh 33.32 Billion which represents 65% growth.
- Since launching M-Kesho three months ago, Safaricom and Equity Bank has registered a total of 455,553 clients. That is amazing by any standards.
- Insurance transactions in Mkesho have accounted for 1584, 123161 balance requests, 55749 statements requests, 74864 deposits and 94206 withdrawals
The report gives the statistice for teh period from 2007 but I focused on 2009/2010 for a clearer picture.
What do you think of the growth of M-Pesa and M-Kesho? Please leave your comments below. You can also download the all report here.